Calendar
Links
News
News

Newsletters
Current and archived newsletters more...

freshART Call to Artists
freshART Call to Artists more..


Devou Park, now home to a range of entertainment and recreational activities, was once the home of William P. and Charles P. Devou. The land as a park dates back to 1910 when the land was donated to the City of Covington for park purposes. Over the years, the park has developed and gained many recreational activities including golf, as the first, theater, symphony, nature trails, , tennis, picnic facilities, fishing, Behringer-Crawford Museum and the newly constructed Drees Pavilion.

The city commission hired John Brophy, golf professional at Ft. Mitchell Country Club, to design a nine-hole golf course in the park in 1922. The following year, the course opened for play. In 1936, the original course was redesigned and graded for better play. Respectable tee fees ranged from seventy cents to one dollar.

The park continues to serve its original purpose as the perfect combination of the city and the country. From most spots in the park you can enjoy the sites of Covington as well as Cincinnati, and take in the smells and adventure of the great outdoors!

The park includes several buildings for parties, events, and functions. These buildings include Bandshell theater, used on several occasions for summer concerts as well as outdoor theater productions, Drees Pavillion, used for events, and parties, and Behringer-Crawford Museum, also used for events and parties as well as a museum dedicated to local history.

Devou Park

 
Devou Park History